PATTERN: Fold ‘n Go Doll Carrier for 14.5-inch Dolls (such as WellieWishers™)
Sew a handy portable doll carrier for your 14.5-inch doll!
*Earn 50 Tillie Tokens when you purchase this pattern!*
Your doll will be traveling in style with this handy portable doll case! You'll have room for one doll along with up to three hanging outfits on the inside, plus a handy pocket on the outside where you can add a name badge for quick identification.
Once constructed, the Fold ‘n Go Doll Carrier is a one-piece unit which can be stored flat and then easily folded into a box for use as a doll carrier. Chipboard inserts provide stability. A wide elastic strap helps the box hold its shape during use. Elastic loops on the inside accommodate up to three doll clothing hangers and an attached fabric panel below is used to help secure the hanging items. Also included is an optional name tag pocket on the front.
While the sewing for this downloadable PDF project requires only beginner-level skills, preparation of the components used in the project requires very careful reading and following of instructions. Precision in cutting and stitching is also necessary for the best results. Full-size pattern pieces and step-by-step photo instructions are provided to help ensure success with this project.
• 2/3 yard woven fabric (cotton, broadcloth, denim, lightweight canvas)
• 2/3 yard lining fabric (cotton)
• 5 feet of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape
• 4 inches of 1/2-inch wide elastic
• 30 inches of 1-inch wide elastic
• Fusible interfacing – 2 1/2×7 1/4 inch piece
• Five 12×18-inch sheets of heavy weight (46 pt) chipboard*
• Quick-dry tacky glue
OPTIONAL (name tag window):
• Clear vinyl – 2 x 3 1/2-inch piece
• 12 inches of 1/4- or 1/2-inch wide double-fold bias tape
• Clear acrylic quilting ruler
• X-acto knife
• Self-healing mat
*Find a list of my favorite doll sewing supply sources HERE
Approximately 15 1/2 inches tall x 6 1/2 inches wide x 4 inches deep (exterior)
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.