While it’s fun to have several dolls on hand, there comes a time when you need to start thinking about how to safely store and display your collection.
My future studio will need a place to house my growing collection of American Girl™, Kidz ‘n’ Cats, Our Generation and Journey Girl dolls, so I’ve been poking around the Internet looking for ideas. Here are a few of my favorites so far…
Five Options for Storing & Displaying Dolls
1. Barbie Organizer via A Girl & a Glue Gun – A hanging shoe holder with pockets is used here to store Barbie dolls, but I can see possibilities for designing something similar with larger pockets or underarm straps that would hold 18-inch dolls.
2. Stuffed Animal Swing via It’s Always Autumn – The project shown here is for a hanging type shelving system for stuffed animals, but I can easily see it working for a collection of dolls that sit.
3. Turn a Shelf Into a Doll Bed with Clothing Storage via Make It & Love It – I’m not sure this will work in my space, but it’s something I may incorporate into my daughters’ bedroom because of its fun play possibilities.
4. American Girl Doll Storage Solution via Hubby and Me Plus 3 – This gal used dollar store plastic hooks to hang her dolls. I like that it’s a relatively cheap and easy-to-expand system. Plastic hooks also mean less potential for damage to the dolls.
5. American Girl Doll Wall Hanger via Gigi’s Doll and Craft Creations – Here they constructed a hook rack using a board and wooden dowels. Another option for those who don’t want to build something might be a ready-made coat rack, assuming you can find one with the hooks placed an appropriate distance apart for hanging dolls.
Have a doll storage and display idea to share?
I’d love to hear about it! Please share your favorite doll storage and display ideas in the comments below. Links welcome!