Snow Sled CPVC Plans
Even if the weather outside is frightful, your 18-inch dolls will find it delightful with this cute little snow sled from AptOne8!
This intermediate-level PDF pattern download includes step-by-step photo instructions for building the sled frame from CPVC pipe, as well as pattern pieces and instructions for sewing a removable fabric seat secured with hook-and-loop tape.
Make this sleigh-style sled with sturdy fabrics such as denim or corduroy for serious play ... or dress it up in velvet or other more festive fabrics for a holiday scene.
Need help finding PVC project supplies? Check out our Recommended PVC & CPVC Suppliers list for links to our favorite sources!
Get inspired by these samples made by our Team Tillie Testers!
PIPE & FITTINGS:
– 10 feet of 1/2-inch almond color CPVC CTS pipe
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip):18 TEES, two ELBOWS (45°), eight ELBOWS (90°), two END CAPS
– 1/2 yard fabric (cotton, denim, corduroy, velvet)
– 12 1/2 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape (or 20 inches of 3/8-inch wide hook-and-loop tape)
– Quilt batting (enough for one 16×13-inch piece)
– Chipboard or sturdy cardboard (enough for one 4 1/4×7 3/4-inch piece)
– 1 yard jute, string or ribbon (for sled rope)
• Basic measurement
• PVC cutting using a handheld PVC pipe cutter or hand saw
• Beginner-level machine sewing
• Ability to read & follow assembly instructions
6 1/2 inches wide by 13 1/2 inches long by 6 inches tall
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.