Snug As A Bug Collection: Twin Bed CPVC Plans
Your WellieWisher™ or other 14- to 15-inch doll will sleep like a baby in her CPVC bed designed just for her with our Snug As A Bug Collection!
This full-color PDF download includes instructions for building a CPVC bed frame with attached headboard and footboard. Tips for prepping your pipe is included, as well as step-by-step construction photos to help with assembly. This project is easy enough for most beginners … no power tools needed!
Also included are pattern pieces and detailed instructions for creating a foam mattress with a fabric cover. The cover features a zippered opening for easy removal and laundering. Quilted fabric is recommended for a more realistic look, as well as the addition of optional piping around the edges.
Looking for an easier option with no zipper? Check out our alternative "Easy No-Zipper Doll Mattress" tutorial designed especially for use with this pattern!
– 7 feet of almond color CPVC CTS pipe – 1/2 inch
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 18 TEES, 8 END CAPS
– Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
– 1/2 yard fabric (cotton, pre-quilted cotton, muslin, broadcloth, ticking)
– 1 inch thick upholstery foam – enough for one 7×16-inch piece (Available from Club Matilda: ADD-ON: PRE-CUT FOAM)
– One 5-inch vinyl zipper
– Approximately 8 feet of bias tape maxi piping (optional)
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
– Seam gauge
Need help finding PVC project supplies? Check out our Recommended PVC & CPVC Suppliers list for links to our favorite sources!
• Basic measurement
• PVC cutting using a handheld PVC pipe cutter or hand saw
• Beginner-level machine sewing
Approximately 7 inches wide by 17 1/2 inches long by 7 1/4 inches high (at headboard)
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.