$4.99 – $10.95
Snug As A Bug Collection: Twin Bed CPVC Plans
Your WellieWisher™ or other 14- to 15-inch doll will sleep like a baby in her CPVC bed designed just for her with our Snug As A Bug Collection!
This full-color PDF download includes instructions for building a CPVC bed frame with attached headboard and footboard. Tips for prepping your pipe is included, as well as step-by-step construction photos to help with assembly. This project is easy enough for most beginners … no power tools needed!
Also included are pattern pieces and detailed instructions for creating a foam mattress with a fabric cover. The cover features a zippered opening for easy removal and laundering. Quilted fabric is recommended for a more realistic look, as well as the addition of optional piping around the edges.
Looking for an easier option with no zipper? Check out our alternative "Easy No-Zipper Doll Mattress" tutorial designed especially for use with this pattern!
– 7 feet of almond color CPVC CTS pipe – 1/2 inch
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 18 TEES, 8 END CAPS
– Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
– 1/2 yard fabric (cotton, pre-quilted cotton, muslin, broadcloth, ticking)
– 1 inch thick upholstery foam – enough for one 7×16-inch piece (Available from Club Matilda: ADD-ON: PRE-CUT FOAM)
– One 5-inch vinyl zipper
– Approximately 8 feet of bias tape maxi piping (optional)
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
– Seam gauge
• Basic measurement
• PVC cutting using a handheld PVC pipe cutter or hand saw
• Beginner-level machine sewing
Approximately 7 inches wide by 17 1/2 inches long by 7 1/4 inches high (at headboard)
DISCLOSURE: MatildaJo.com and its shop, ClubMatilda.com, are for-profit operations. As such, we occasionally participate in affiliate marketing programs where a small commission is received when products are purchased through links on the site. It is our policy to include links such as those above only to products that we would or have used personally or which we feel comfortable recommending to you. However, we accept no responsibility or liability for the results of your purchase or use of said products.