CPVC PLANS: Basic Beach Chair (PDF)
Create this fun Basic Beach Chair from CPVC pipe, complete with reversible fabric chair seat!
Your favorite 18-inch friend will be ready to hit the beach with this quick and easy chair made from CPVC pipe!
Easy enough for beginners, this PDF pattern includes step-by-step photo instructions to help you build the CPVC chair frame using readily available tools. Included are helpful instructions for preparing the CPVC for construction, as well as advice and tips for those who want to glue and/or paint the chair frame before adding the seat.
Next you'll stitch up the easy, two-piece chair seat with the option of using two different fabrics so your chair will be reversible simply by sliding off the seat and turning it around.
A great first project for beginning sewists, as well as those new to working with tools or CPVC pipe!
Need help finding PVC project supplies? Check out our Recommended PVC & CPVC Suppliers list for links to our favorite sources!
– 4 feet of Almond Color CPVC CTS 1/2-inch pipe
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 4 tees, 4 90° elbows, 2 end caps
– Optional: Regular clear PVC cement, spray paint for plastic
– 1/2 yard sturdy woven fabric (such as cotton, lightweight denim, cotton duck or lightweight canvas) or enough for two pieces 13 inches tall by 6 1/8 inches wide cut parallel to the grain
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
• Basic measurement
• PVC cutting using a handheld pipe cutter or hand saw
• Basic machine sewing
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.