Download eligible versions of this pattern for FREE with 399 Tillie Tokens! (Applicable only when offered at regular price.)
CPVC PLANS: Papasan Chair (PDF)
Build this Papasan Chair constructed of CPVC pipe!
*Earn 40 Tillie Tokens when you purchase this pattern!*
Your doll will love curling up in this cute and cozy Papasan Chair ... the perfect addition to her bedroom, dorm room or recreation area!
This PDF project pattern includes beginner-level instructions to make a chair frame from CPVC pipe, as well as step-by-step photo instructions to create the round cushion on top. The cushion attaches to the frame using fabric tabs with hook-and-loop tape, which means you could make a variety of cushions to use with the same frame. Hand-sewn tufting adds realistic detail and helps shape the seat.
This project goes together easily for most beginners, making it a great option for those new to using PVC pipe or if you need a quick and easy gift for your favorite doll-lover!
Need help finding PVC project supplies? Check out our Recommended PVC & CPVC Suppliers list for links to our favorite sources!
Get inspired by these samples made by our Team Tillie Testers!
– One 10-foot almond color CPVC CTS pipe – 1/2 inch (cut pieces total approximately 47 inches, not accounting for waste)
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 6 tees, ten 45° elbows, four 90° elbows
– Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
– 1/2 yard fabric for cushion (cotton, lightweight denim, corduroy, fleece, fake fur)
– 1/6 yard fabric for tabs (cotton, denim, corduroy – not suitable for fluffy or bulky fabrics)
– 1/2-inch thick quilt batting (enough for two 13×13-inch pieces)
– 8 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape
– Thread (regular sewing thread plus optional heavy-duty quilting thread for tying tufts)
– Optional – tissue paper (1 large sheet)
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
• Basic measurement
• PVC cutting using a handheld PVC pipe cutter or hand saw
• Beginner-level machine sewing
Cushion Diameter: Approximately 12 inches
Chair: Approximately 9 inches wide, 9 inches deep, 7 inches tall
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.