Set the stage for a relaxing day at the beach or by the pool with a doll-sized chaise lounge chair made from CPVC pipe!
This beginner-level PDF pattern download includes step-by-step photo instructions for building a lounge chair frame from CPVC pipe, as well as pattern pieces and instructions for sewing a stuffed fabric cushion attached to the frame with fabric tabs and hook-and-loop tape.
Need help finding PVC project supplies? Check out our Recommended PVC & CPVC Suppliers list for links to our favorite sources!
– One 10-foot almond color CPVC CTS pipe – 1/2 inch (cut pieces total approximately 7 feet, not accounting for waste)
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 14 TEES, 4 ELBOWS (45°), 8 ELBOWS (90°)
– Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
– 2/3 yard fabric (cotton, denim, canvas)
– 4 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape (or 8 inches of 3/8-inch wide hook-and-loop tape)
– Polyester fiberfill stuffing
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
– Seam gauge
• Basic measurement
• PVC cutting using a handheld PVC pipe cutter or hand saw
• Beginner-level machine sewing
Approximately 7 inches wide by 18 inches long by 10 inches tall (at head of chair)
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.