“Ruff” Life Doghouse CPVC Plans
You can expect lots of happy tail-wagging when you whip up this pet-sized doghouse for your 18-inch doll’s favorite furry friend!
This beginner-level PDF pattern download includes step-by-step photo instructions for building a doghouse frame from CPVC pipe, as well as pattern pieces and instructions for sewing a fabric cover and a foam-lined, removable roof, all attached using hook-and-loop tape. Additional features include a full lining and built-in fabric floor.
Need help finding PVC project supplies? Check out our Recommended PVC & CPVC Suppliers list for links to our favorite sources!
– 6 feet of almond color CPVC CTS pipe – 1/2 inch (cut pieces total approximately 70 inches, not accounting for waste)
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 2 tees, 6 elbows (45°), 7 elbows (90°)
– Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
– 1/3 yard* fabric for doghouse (cotton, denim, canvas) *Additional yardage may be needed if matching striped or patterned fabrics.
– 1/4 yard fabric for roof (cotton, denim, canvas)
– 2/3 yard lining fabric for doghouse and roof (cotton)
– 15 1/8 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape (or 30 1/4 inches of 3/8-inch wide hook-and-loop tape)
– Two 9×12-inch 6mm foam sheets
– 12 1/2 inches extra-wide double fold bias tape
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
– Seam gauge
• Basic measurement
• PVC cutting using a handheld PVC pipe cutter or hand saw
• Beginner-level machine sewing
Approximately 7 1/2 inches wide by 10 1/2 inches deep by 10 1/2 inches tall (at peak). Doorway opening measures approximately 3 inches wide by 4 3/4 inches tall.
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.