Download eligible versions of this pattern for FREE with 499 Tillie Tokens! (Applicable only when offered at regular price.)
“Ruff” Life Doghouse CPVC Plans
You can expect lots of happy tail-wagging when you whip up this pet-sized doghouse for your 18-inch doll’s favorite furry friend!
This beginner-level PDF pattern download includes step-by-step photo instructions for building a doghouse frame from CPVC pipe, as well as pattern pieces and instructions for sewing a fabric cover and a foam-lined, removable roof, all attached using hook-and-loop tape. Additional features include a full lining and built-in fabric floor.
Need help finding PVC project supplies? Check out our Recommended PVC & CPVC Suppliers list for links to our favorite sources!
– 6 feet of almond color CPVC CTS pipe – 1/2 inch (cut pieces total approximately 70 inches, not accounting for waste)
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 2 tees, 6 elbows (45°), 7 elbows (90°)
– Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
– 1/3 yard* fabric for doghouse (cotton, denim, canvas) *Additional yardage may be needed if matching striped or patterned fabrics.
– 1/4 yard fabric for roof (cotton, denim, canvas)
– 2/3 yard lining fabric for doghouse and roof (cotton)
– 15 1/8 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape (or 30 1/4 inches of 3/8-inch wide hook-and-loop tape)
– Two 9×12-inch 6mm foam sheets
– 12 1/2 inches extra-wide double fold bias tape
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
– Seam gauge
• Basic measurement
• PVC cutting using a handheld PVC pipe cutter or hand saw
• Beginner-level machine sewing
Approximately 7 1/2 inches wide by 10 1/2 inches deep by 10 1/2 inches tall (at peak). Doorway opening measures approximately 3 inches wide by 4 3/4 inches tall.
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.