Your 14.5-inch friend will be feeling at least "a lil' bit country" with this ruffled pull-on dress featuring several variations.
Create the full dress in two different lengths, with or without a ruffle at the hem. Or if you prefer, stitch up separates. Included are two options for the top - one with a built-in elasticized ruffled waist and another slightly longer version with a straight hem, intended to be tucked in or belted. Other options include the simple pull-on skirt, which can be made with or without the ruffled hem.
Thanks to an elasticized waist and generous cut, dressing your doll is very easy ... no closures needed! This downloadable PDF pattern set also includes two different belt patterns to accessorize your outfit - the Fabric Buckled Belt, which can be made with fabric or ribbon, and the Leather Snapped Belt, which conveniently snaps in the back.
Depending upon the variations chosen, this project goes together quickly and is suitable for confident beginner to intermediate-level sewists.
Also available sized for 18-inch dolls such as American Girl™.
Get inspired by these samples made by our Team Tillie Testers!
• 1/3 yard woven fabric (cotton, chambray, gingham, lightweight denim – best results obtained from fabrics which hold a crease well when ironed)
• 1/4-inch wide elastic, as follows:
DRESS: 12 inches
SHIRT-RUFFLED HEM: 13 inches
SHIRT-STRAIGHT HEM: 7 inches
SKIRT: 5 inches
FABRIC BUCKLED BELT:
• Scrap woven fabric (cotton, denim)
• Buckle to fit 1/2-inch belt
LEATHER SNAPPED BELT:
• Leather or vinyl scraps – enough to cut a 8×3/8-inch strip
• Buckle to fit 3/8-inch belt
• One snap set – 3/8-inch diameter or smaller (I prefer the metal Fashion Spring #14 snaps from KAMsnaps)
• Snap setting tools (I prefer the DK93 Wide-Clearance KAM Snap Press with die set for metal snaps)
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.