Here's the perfect summer dress for your doll's next party, barn dance, barbecue or other special event!
Featuring a button-front collared shirt with attached skirt and optional overlay, there's no limit to the outfits you can create with this PDF pattern. Keep it simple by matching the top and bottom fabrics and simply omitting the overlay ... or dress it up by mixing fabrics, colors and prints, ranging from cotton and lightweight denim to satin, tulle and lace!
Skirt overlay options include a simple all-one-length layer or a trendy high-low design. Add one front patch pocket, both pockets or none at all for even greater customization. Finish it off with a simple buckled belt using the included instructions and your outfit is complete!
As an added bonus, a special design detail allows for easy dressing - only the back of the shirt is attached to the skirt. After buttoning or snapping up the shirt-front, simply tuck in the lower front tabs into the elasticized skirt!
• 1/4 yard fashion fabric for top and lining (cotton, lightweight denim, polyester)
• 1/6 yard fashion fabric for skirt (cotton, lightweight denim, polyester, satin)
• OPTIONAL – 1/4 yard fabric for skirt overlay (lace, tulle, sheer polyester)
• 10 1/2 inches of 1/4-inch wide elastic
• Scrap of fusible interfacing
• Four 1/4- to 1/2-inch snap sets (ie. KAM snaps, size 14, 16 or 20) OR 4 3/4 inches of 3/8-inch wide hook-and-loop tape and four 1/4-inch buttons (optional)
• Scrap woven fabric (cotton, denim)
• Buckle to fit 1/2-inch belt
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.