PATTERN: Mock Layered Tee for 14.5-inch dolls such as WellieWishers™ (PDF)
Sew your own Mock Layered Tee for your 14.5-inch doll!
*Earn 50 Tillie Tokens when you purchase this pattern!*
T-shirts are a wardrobe staple for most youngsters and your 14.5-inch friend is no exception! Take it a step beyond with this mock layered tee ... it looks like two layered t-shirts but is really all one shirt!
Suitable for most light- to mid-weight knit fabrics, this t-shirt has a hook-and-loop tape back closure for easy dressing. Fold-over elastic (FOE) is used at the neckline for extra contrast and a nice clean, finished look.
This downloadable PDF project goes together quickly and is suitable for most confident beginner-level sewists. Also available sized for 18-inch dolls such as American Girl™.
Check out our Take 5: Tips for Sewing with Fold-Over Elastic (FOE) post on our blog!
Get inspired by these samples made by our Team Tillie Testers!
• MAIN FABRIC: 1/6 yard mid-weight knit fabric (sturdy t-shirt knit)
• LONG SLEEVE FABRIC: 1/6 yard contrasting light to mid-weight knit fabric (t-shirt knit, light waffle knit)
• 6 inches 5/8-inch wide fold-over elastic (FOE) Check out the fold-over elastic offered at Club Matilda here!
• 4 3/4 inches 3/8-inch wide hook-and-loop tape
• Recommended: 1/4-inch wide fusible seam tape
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.