PATTERN: Basic Side-Zip Boots for 14.5-inch dolls such as WellieWishers™ (PDF)
Sew your own Basic Side-Zip Boots for your 14.5-inch doll!
*Earn 40 Tillie Tokens when you purchase this pattern!*
Even little girls can use a pair of basic boots in their wardrobe! These simple side-zip boots go together quickly enough for the intermediate-level sewist that you can make up several pairs in no time at all.
Featuring a simple side zipper for easy dressing, these boots can be dressed up or down, depending upon your mood and choice of trim. Make a pair in each of your favorite colors and you’ll be ready for whatever occasion arises. Wear them with jeans or dresses, mini skirts or even shorts. Pull your pant legs down over the top of the boots or tuck them in. Leggings or tights are also great fun.
Adapted from our original Basic Side-Zip Boots pattern for 18-inch dolls.
Get inspired by these samples made by our Team Tillie Testers!
• Vinyl or very lightweight leather
• Fabric scrap (for sole lining)
• 6mm foam
• Felt (2mm foam may be substituted, if desired)
• Chipboard or heavy cardboard
• Vinyl zipper (5 inches or longer – will be cut during construction)
• Fray Check or other liquid seam sealant (optional)
• 1/8-1/4-inch wide trim – approximately 13 inches
• Hot glue gun & glue sticks
Ready to use die-cut soles compatible with this pattern available HERE!
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.