Every girl needs a pair of basic boots. They're the perfect wardrobe staple! These simple side-zip boots go together quickly enough for the confident beginner that you can make up several pairs in no time at all.
Featuring a simple side zipper for easy dressing, these boots can be dressed up or down, depending upon your mood and choice of trim. Make a pair in each of your favorite colors and you’ll be ready for whatever occasion arises. Wear them with jeans or dresses, mini skirts or even shorts. Pull your pant legs down over the top of the boots or tuck them in. Leggings are also great fun. Add funky socks or colorful boot wraps for even more style!
Also included with this pattern download is a bonus tutorial teaching you how to make socks and tights from regular socks. A great use for those lonely single socks that have somehow lost their match and a fun and economical way to mix up your wardrobe!
• Vinyl or very lightweight leather
• Fabric scrap (for sole lining)
• 6mm foam
• Felt (2mm foam may be substituted, if desired)
• Chipboard or heavy cardboard
• Two vinyl zippers (one for each boot, each zipper 5 inches or longer – will be cut during construction)
• Fray Check or other liquid seam sealant (optional)
• 1/8-1/4-inch wide trim – approximately 16 inches
• Hot glue gun & glue sticks
SOCKS & TIGHTS:
• One regular youth or adult knit sock is needed for each pair of doll socks or tights (sock should be approximately 3 inches wide when measured laying flat, give or take a 1/2 inch or so)
• Matching thread
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.