PATTERN: Happy Campers Dome Tent (PDF)
Sew your own Happy Campers Dome Tent for your 18-inch doll, including a free tutorial to help you make a tent storage sack!
*Earn 60 Tillie Tokens when you purchase this pattern!*
Pack up and head to the woods or host a sleepover in the backyard ... either way you'll be set with the Happy Campers Dome Tent!
With plenty of room for two (and cozy space for three if you're BFFs!), there's no limit to the adventures you can have in this tent. Features a zip-up front door and covered screen windows with lots of room for customization ... you choose which walls have windows and doors! Dress it up by mixing and matching colors for the various panels or add Duck Tape for a playful look to your poles. There's even a tutorial included so you can make your own tent sack for easy storage and travel! (Poles will need to be stored separately.)
The tent is designed to be made from one economy 4x6-foot tarp, but the options are endless when you venture into the fabric store. With a finished base size of approximately 20x20 inches, there's plenty of room for sleeping. The tent interior height is approximately 11 inches and with poles, the entire structure is about 15 inches tall.
Look for other patterns in our Happy Campers line to complement your tent!
• 1 yard rip-stop, cotton duck, denim or other medium to heavy woven fabric OR 1 4×6-foot tarp (yardage could vary depending upon your choice of wall & window configuration)
• Thread (at least one full spool)
• 2 9-inch nylon zippers
• 3 8-inch pieces of 1/4-inch wide adhesive-backed Velcro™
• Window screening or netting fabric (2 4×9-inch pieces)
• 2 5-foot 1/4×3/8-inch H/C Pex tubes (found with plumbing supplies; not the flexible tubing for sale by the foot)
• Fashion Duck Tape (optional – to cover tent poles)
• Tarp or rip-stop fabric scraps
• 24 inches of cording
• 1 cord lock
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.