PATTERN: Beach Towels (PDF)
No pool party is complete without a fun beach towel! Choose from four fun applique designs and three finishing options for your 18-inch doll!
No pool party is complete without a fun beach towel!
This PDF download includes pattern pieces and step-by-step photo instructions for creating an appliqued terry cloth beach towel in your choice of four designs - popsicle, flamingo, beach scene and "atta girl!". Also included are three different finishing options, including an easy finish, a self-edged option or a bias tape-edged version.
Also included in this pattern is a time-saving method for cutting out your applique pieces, as well as step-by-step photo instructions for using the satin stitch method of machine applique.
This pattern is part of the Pool Party Collection by Matilda Jo Originals, creator of the AptOne8 line of PVC furniture. Look for compatible patterns here at ClubMatilda.com, including an oval swimming pool, a chaise lounge chair and a lifeguard chair. Also available... a FREE Basic Beach Chair pattern!
Get inspired by these samples made by our Team Tillie Testers!
BASIC TOWEL (per towel)
• 2/3 yard terry cloth
• 1/3 yard cotton (optional – for backing on easy finish and self-edged versions)
• Sewable iron-on adhesive (such as Heat ‘n Bond Lite)*
• 5 feet extra wide double-fold bias tape (optional – for bias tape-edged version)
• Printable full-sheet labels (optional – for use with Time-Saving Iron-On Adhesive Method)
• Cotton fabric scraps in three coordinating colors (popsicle) plus tan (stick)
• Thread to match tan fabric plus one of the three popsicle fabric colors
• Cotton fabric scraps in dark pink (bird body), light pink (wing), orange (beak), gray or gray print (sunglasses) and black (legs)
• Thread – black and dark pink
BEACH SCENE TOWEL
• Cotton fabric scraps in three hues of blue (water), two hues of orange (sun), tan (sand), and various colors for beach ball, towel, umbrella and umbrella contrast
• Thread – blue, orange, tan, black and to match ball, mini towel & umbrella
ATTA GIRL TOWEL
• Cotton fabric scraps in two colors (one for letters, the second for the star)
• Tear-away embroidery stabilizer, such as Pellon Stitch-N-Tear (optional but recommended)
• Thread to match each fabric
*Prefer NOT to machine applique your pieces? Try no-sew iron-on adhesive (such as Heat ‘n Bond UltraHold) and skip the applique stitching steps altogether
Approximately 9×19 inches
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.
Customer Photos & Comments
There are no reviews yet.