If your doll is going to host a great slumber party, backyard camp out or adventure in the woods, a comfy and cute sleeping bag is an accessory you'll want to be sure to have on hand!
Your adventurers will indeed be happy campers when you create their favorite type of sleeping bag ... the perfect accessory to the Happy Campers Dome Tent. This pattern includes options for two main types of sleeping bags - a traditional bag and a mummy bag with optional attached stuff sack.
Suitable for an intermediate seamstress, the traditional bag features the familiar rectangular shape with curved head area and a side zipper, plus built-in elastic bands for easy storage. Just roll it up, slip the bands over the ends, and you're good to go. Finished size is approximately 19.5x8.5 inches.
The mummy bag has a more contoured shape and offers two options for closure - one with Velcro(TM) strips and another with a pair of zippers. Both have the option of an attached stuff sack, which allows you to do just as it suggests... stuff the bag into the sack, cinch up the cord and you're done... just like the real thing! The Velcro(TM) version is appropriate for an intermediate level seamstress, while the zippered version is a bit more advanced because of the complexity of the construction and materials used. Finished size is approximately 20x8 inches.
Iron on the included Happy Campers logo to any of the sleeping bags for an extra special touch!
Look for other patterns in our Happy Campers line to complement your sleeping bags!
TRADITIONAL SLEEPING BAG:
• 2/3 yard fabric (mid-weight cotton, denim, other woven)
• 2/3 yard lining (flannel, cotton)
• 2/3 yard waste fabric (an old sheet or other lightweight cotton – won’t be visible when finished) OR large piece of white tissue paper
• 2/3 yard quilt batting
• 22-inch separating “sport” zipper
• 18 inches of 3/8-inch elastic
MUMMY SLEEPING BAG:
• 2/3 yard fabric (nylon, polyester, satin, poly blends)
• 2/3 yard lining (nylon, polyester, satin, poly blends)
• 2/3 yard light-loft quilt batting
• several pieces of white tissue paper (optional – to help manage batting if it catches in your sewing machine)
• 2 7-inch nylon zippers OR 14 inches of 7/8-inch wide sew-on Velcro™
• 4 inches of 3/8-inch wide elastic
• 20 inches of cording, cord lock & scrap of interfacing (for optional stuff sack)
• iron-on transfer paper for stuff sack logo (optional)
Matilda Jo Originals, including the brands Matilda’s Closet and AptOne8, is not affiliated with American Girl® or Mattel®. No endorsement is implied.